Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dog beds

What's that you say? You don't like these fabrics? Me either anymore. But if it makes a soft dog bed, I know someone (or some canine) will appreciate it.
I've been taking unloved yards of fabric, folding them in half and sewing up two sides to make a pillowcase. Then I leave it open and use it as a receptacle for all thread and unusable fabric scraps. I've also been known to throw in used dryer sheets, torn undershirts from my husband and socks who've lost their mates. When they are full, I sew them up an donate them to dog shelters. These are dog beds #2 and #3.
Yay for recycling!
Yay for doggies!
Yay for the people who take care of and rescue dogs!
(both of our dogs that we've had in the past 10 years, Scout and Zuma, were rescued...)
If you're local and want to contribute to my doggie beds, just let me know...

No comments:

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails