Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ticker-Tape quilt for baby Maile

Those of you who see my flickr pics will know that this was done a little while ago... I didn't want to post about it until my friend who it was for actually received it. She's got it now.

 This is a ticker-tape style quilt that I made for a friend's new baby. The fabrics in it have a lot of sentiment, there are pieces that are new and vintage, pieces that she and I shopped for together, pieces from J's grandmothers, pieces from AJ's one receiving blanket that I held onto...  There are pieces from all over the world and many of them have deep meanings to both my friend and I.  I had so much fun making this quilt, I am sure that there are more ticker-tape style quilts in my future... it's a fast and fun way to quilt. Plus, the raw edges are really... well... edgy.

I sent this quilt with a note for my friend telling her that this quilt is not a fussy quilt. I am hoping that it gets stained, used and loved.  (I guess I hope that for all my quilts.)

4 comments:

Emily Cole said...

I love it! My Mom has made some similar quilts for all of the new children in our family - as baby gifts, and then she started making them for the older generations! My kids call theirs "Cuddle Blankets" and HAVE to have them everywhere! My daugther's is getting really worn out already (it's over 8 years old, and has been slept with for that long!)

libbydibby said...

really? that's fun to hear that your mom made them as their lovies... what size did she make them that they're the faves still 8 years later?

Courtney said...

I am in LOVE with this quilt. Wanting to make one myself now. None of my kids have any made from me. Maybe I'll take some of their old baby clothes I've held onto and use some of that scrap fabric as well. Great post!

Tori Higa said...

i cannot thank you enough! this quilt is so special and just adorable. maile is one blessed little girl to have you as an auntie. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails