Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

Home is where the art is

Once, when J and I were dating, he asked if we HAD to have all of my paintings up in our home when we got married. He didn't have to ask that twice.

Funny, because seven years into this thing called "love" - many of the paintings have been since given away, a few recovered, and some have been moved to piles in corners - no longer meaning to me what they originally meant.

I now have other tokens, creations or not - which tell me that I am HOME. I thought I'd start this blog off with stuff that makes me happy from right where I am - at home.

Spending 2 years in a condo that didn't fit our taste, our furniture, or our needs - left me feeling a huge hole in the HOME category. This summer, on a weekend away, J and I saw some paintings of houses that were so charming.

Most of my paintings have all been of nature, trees, etc - but feeling so very attached to the word and concept of HOME, I knew that there was material here for inspiration. So I sat down with my scraps... and here is my very own "home" - which now hangs in my new home.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails