Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

The couch






Okay. So I saw this image forever ago, of a patchwork couch from Liberty of London - (I only wish there was a relation) - I think I found it through Design*sponge - anyhow - I was smitten with the idea.



1 - It's totally me
2 - I have tons of fabric scraps around here
3 - It's slightly environmental (okay, it's really environmental)
4 - It's chic, colorful, and stain resistant (since I have 2 toddlers)
5 - I have an old, slipcovered couch that is solid white - neither my style nor within my capacity to keep clean.

So, I decided to try it. (yikes) I've never done more than make a pillow - as far as upholstery - at least not that I'd like to admit. So I bought a book about upholstery and gave it a shot.




I love it.
Now I just have to get the nerve to finish the main body of the slipcover.

No comments:

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails