Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

Oven mitts


So I was a vendor at this art show last weekend called "Handmade for the Holidays"
and there were some great booths there! (I'll have to post on them later)
Anyhow - this gal across the way from me was selling oven mitts, aprons, wallets, bracelets.. all of which were quite adorable. I zeroed in on her oven mitts... thinking..."now there is a purchase I can justify - when was the last time I bought an oven mitt? And have I ever owned a cute one?"


So, I am looking at them. I decide to buy two... and then it hits me... so I ask:
me -"Do people buy oven mitts that match each other?" (imagine me wearing one on each hand here)
her - "some do"
me - "do you?"
her - " um, NO"
and then I look down,
"I'm trying on OVEN MITTS! Who tries on oven mitts?"



seriously, you have to imagine me looking like a lobster with swollen pinchers here...


There you have it - somewhere from deep down, the nerd resurfaces...
wearing oven mitts in public, wondering if I am cool....
ah well - at least THEY look good. especially on my kitchen wall...

No comments:

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails