Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Today's project: spiderweb quilt

I'm so excited about this quilt. I've been dreaming about sewing it since I did my/Abi's spiderweb block for the quilting bee that I'm in... I wanted to do a spiderweb block with a patterned interior since I don't love solids... And pin dots seemed appropriate, but not predictable... So here we go! Only two squares are sewn together right now, but by tonight I should have about 9 complete... Here's a pic of them all lined up to sew.



I don't often get to sew in the daytime, but today the a/c is getting installed... I'm hanging around here as much as possible instead of running errands and I gotba few solid hours to work on this.
This pattern is fun to work on. It appeals to my scrappy, patterned, colorful, use-everything side... And I love the chaos turning into ordered wheels... How big it gets depends on how tired I get of making these - though I currently am thinking this will be my first full size quilt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I just finished one up and used the sky blue "clouds" for the background. It adds so much sass and color and happiness to the quilt.

libbydibby said...

I'd love to see that cloud one! Send a pic!!!

Amy Galetzka said...

it's so beautiful!!

amybluestar said...

That is beautiful! I love it!

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails