Pages

Friday, July 29, 2016

Sunny Room Pillow Drive




Last summer I was talking with a friend about her work that she does with teen moms at St. Anne's which is a home for teen moms and at risk mothers and children. I was really inspired by the joy that she was bringing to the young women there and asked her if there was anything I could do.





She told me that the girls had very plain housing arrangements and we devised a plan to bring some sunshine into their world. That was where I came up with the #sunnyroompillowdrive.


I got the LAMQG involved and put the word out to other quilters around the country through Instagram. In the end, we collected over 50 handmade pillows for the young mothers to each get one to have in their rooms with them - to know that they are loved and cared for.

It was an honor to collect these pillows and a huge honor to be there to present them and watch as each girl picked out a pillow that she wanted.

No comments:

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails