Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Did I tell you I'm in a quilting bee?


By going to the Los Angeles Modern Quilt Guild meetings, I've met somegals who've formed a modern online quilting bee. Here are the submissions I made for my first two months' assignments... I love the orange and grey color combo and the other (grey and patchworky) square is part of a spiderweb quilt - (look it up on flickr... the end result is beautiful!)... I really want to make one now!
I have a few months to decide my color scheme and pattern before having everyone sew for me... Lots of time to think...

7 comments:

lola d said...

Liberty, you are so amazing! I absolutely LOVE those quilt blocks. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

libbydibby said...

Oh... But they go to the other girls for their quilts... Maybe When they get their pics of finished quilts, I'll pass them on.

Thanks for the compliment though, you're too too too kind.

Christy T. said...

I like the way the spider web turned out. And honestly, either a spider web quilt or a full on string quilt would rock to do within a bee, because you wouldn't get incredibly sick of doing all the work once you hit the half way point.

I (diagonal) straight line quilted my quilt today. I think I'm going to also do it on the other diagonal to get a diamond as a final product. Maybe. As I type that out though, it seems like a lot of work so maybe I won't....

Anna Katherine said...

Liberty - these two blocks are stunning! The design pattern added to the color combo - it is just tremendous. It just gave me some scarf ideas!

libbydibby said...

Thanks AK! I feel so honored that my humble squares inspired an idea for you! Please do share when your ideas come to fruition!

Tori Higa said...

love them!!! you are a true artist...

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! Those are beautiful - I want to come!

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails