Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

What to wear with Libby Dibby skirts?

I get asked this question a lot....
"What do you suggest I wear with a Libby Dibby skirt?"
So I figured I'd post a few ideas and suggestions.... I tend usually to pick slim fitting t-shirts with a nice neckline and some form of detail that draws the eye upward.  With the a-line skirt, this ends up giving a really classic hourglass look as the eye travels. There are days that I actually tuck the ribbons from my skirt into the waistband, and others that I wear them out - depending on the shirt I'm wearing.

My favorite look with the skirts is a slimmer top, tank, fitted sweater... it keeps everything from looking too boxy. I'm not really a shirt tucked in girl ever, though I've seen lots of gals pull it off with my skirts. It doesn't really work for my shape - I'm the type constantly trying to camouflage my tummy weight, so I keep it more loose around the waist.  You can see a lot of my favorite types of shirts with the skirts in the pictures of skirts page here on the blog, but here are a few pics that really show the shirts that I wear.

I also have been seeing some nice tops lately in Anthropologie, the Athleta catalog. I've complimented a few gals lately and been informed they bought their cute tops at Target (haven't seen them there myself, though).  My new favorite brand is Velvet. I made it to a sample sale of theirs a few months ago and have been wearing their tops well with my skirts this season. Plus, their tees wash beautifully, have great silohuettes and vibrant colors.

As far as shoes go, in the summer my skirts get paired with sandals, wedges, flip-flops and even my Croc flats.  In the winter, I love them with tall skinny boots.
I hope all this helps answer some of those questions!

1 comment:

libbydibby said...

Catherine posted:

"I too wear t-shirts with my skirts. In the winter I wear tights (sometimes bright like orange, sometimes footless) and flats. When it's cold I put my fitted denim jacket on over the t-shirt. Or, since I live in Colorado, my pink zip-up fleece (but not with the orange tights! I try *not* to dress like a clown :) ) I love my skirts and often get compliments on them.

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails