Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lenten collages

Though I am not actually Catholic in faith, each year as this season rolls around, the discussion pops up at church (Christian)... "are you giving up anything for lent?" And I have given up coffee, shopping, meat, sugars, and other things different years... But as I thought and prayed about what to "give up" this year, I decided to do something different...
Instead of taking something away, I've added something...**instead of heading straight into my sewing room to work on projects that are on my mind, I've committed to spend at least 10 minutes (or more) of my creative time focused on art that has a spiritual nature or basis...
Kind of a way to refocus myself, both creatively and spiritually.

It hasn't been an every day thing so far (my creativity has been cut short by a root canal crisis that's got me laying kind of low down) , but the new resolution has been really fun for me... I've been sketching a lot... I'm no great illustrator, but i've enjoyed the freedom of making art for the sake of simply making art.  Tonight I focused on collage... And played with the idea of "home"...  (something I've wanted to do a series on for a while) ...in my new binder.

1 comment:

Puddles of Hope said...

I love these! You are so creative and I love seeing what you come up with! Hope all is well.

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails